FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
What are the temperature and environmental limitations of flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings are designed to operate within certain temperature and environmental limitations to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The specific limitations may vary depending on the type and material of the coupling. Here are the general considerations:
- Temperature Range: The temperature range in which a flexible coupling can operate is crucial. High temperatures can affect the material properties, leading to reduced flexibility and potential failure. Low temperatures can cause the material to become brittle and lose its ability to accommodate misalignment. It’s essential to choose a coupling suitable for the intended temperature range of the application.
- Corrosive Environments: In environments with corrosive substances, such as acids, chemicals, or saltwater, it is essential to select a flexible coupling made of materials that are resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel and certain polymers are commonly used in such environments to prevent degradation and maintain the coupling’s integrity.
- Hygienic Environments: For applications in food processing, pharmaceuticals, or cleanrooms, hygienic design is critical. Flexible couplings used in these environments should be easy to clean, made of materials that are non-toxic and resistant to contamination, and free from crevices or pockets where debris can accumulate.
- Explosive or Hazardous Atmospheres: In environments where explosive or hazardous gases, vapors, or dust are present, flexible couplings with anti-static properties or explosion-proof certifications may be necessary to prevent the risk of ignition and ensure safety.
- Outdoor Applications: For outdoor installations, flexible couplings should be able to withstand exposure to weather conditions, UV radiation, and temperature fluctuations. Couplings with weather-resistant properties are suitable for such applications.
- High-Speed Applications: In high-speed applications, the centrifugal forces on the flexible coupling increase with rotational speed. Couplings designed for high-speed applications should be balanced to minimize vibrations and ensure smooth operation.
- Shock and Impact Loads: Flexible couplings used in applications with significant shock or impact loads should have the ability to dampen and absorb these forces to protect connected equipment from damage.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Duty: Some flexible couplings are designed for continuous-duty applications, while others are suitable for intermittent duty or start-stop operations. The coupling’s design and material should match the specific duty cycle requirements.
It is essential to consult with the coupling manufacturer or supplier to understand the temperature and environmental limitations of a specific coupling model. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings within their defined limitations contribute to reliable and efficient performance in various industrial and mechanical systems.
How does a flexible coupling accommodate changes in shaft alignment due to thermal expansion?
Flexible couplings are designed to accommodate changes in shaft alignment that occur due to thermal expansion in rotating machinery. When equipment operates at elevated temperatures, the materials used in the shafts and other components expand, causing shifts in the relative positions of the connected shafts. This thermal expansion can lead to misalignment, which, if not addressed, may result in additional stress on the equipment and premature wear.
Flexible couplings employ specific design features that allow them to handle thermal-induced misalignment effectively:
- Flexibility: The primary feature of a flexible coupling is its ability to flex and deform to some extent. This flexibility allows the coupling to absorb small amounts of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment that may result from thermal expansion. As the shafts expand or contract, the flexible coupling compensates for the misalignment, helping to maintain proper alignment between the two shafts.
- Radial Clearance: Some flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings, have radial clearance between the coupling’s mating parts. This radial clearance provides additional room for the shafts to move laterally during thermal expansion without creating excessive forces on the coupling or connected equipment.
- Sliding Elements: Certain flexible couplings feature sliding elements that can move relative to each other. This capability allows the coupling to accommodate axial displacement resulting from thermal expansion or other factors.
- Flexible Element Materials: The materials used in the flexible elements of the coupling are chosen for their ability to handle the temperature range experienced in the application. Elastomeric materials, for example, can be selected to withstand high temperatures while still maintaining their flexibility.
It is essential to understand that while flexible couplings can compensate for some degree of thermal-induced misalignment, there are limits to their capabilities. If the thermal expansion exceeds the coupling’s compensating range, additional measures, such as incorporating expansion joints or using specialized couplings designed for greater misalignment compensation, may be necessary.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with potential thermal expansion, it is crucial to consider the expected operating temperature range and the level of misalignment that may occur due to thermal effects. Working with coupling manufacturers and consulting coupling catalogs can help in choosing the most suitable coupling type and size for the specific thermal conditions of the machinery.
How does a flexible coupling handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment?
A flexible coupling is designed to accommodate various types of misalignment between two rotating shafts: angular misalignment, parallel misalignment, and axial misalignment. The flexibility of the coupling allows it to maintain a connection between the shafts while compensating for these misalignment types. Here’s how a flexible coupling handles each type of misalignment:
- Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the two shafts are not collinear and form an angle with each other. Flexible couplings can handle angular misalignment by incorporating an element that can flex and bend. One common design is the “spider” or “jaw” element, which consists of elastomeric materials. As the shafts are misaligned, the elastomeric element can deform slightly, allowing the coupling to accommodate the angular offset between the shafts while still transmitting torque.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment, also known as offset misalignment, occurs when the axes of the two shafts are parallel but not perfectly aligned with each other. Flexible couplings can handle parallel misalignment through the same elastomeric element. The flexible nature of the element enables it to shift and adjust to the offset between the shafts, ensuring continuous power transmission while minimizing additional stresses on the machinery.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also called end-play misalignment, occurs when the two shafts move closer together or farther apart along their common axis. Flexible couplings can handle axial misalignment through specific designs that allow limited axial movement. For instance, some couplings use slotted holes or a floating member that permits axial displacement while maintaining the connection between the shafts.
By providing the capability to handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, flexible couplings offer several advantages for power transmission systems:
- They help to prevent premature wear and damage to the connected equipment, reducing maintenance and replacement costs.
- They minimize vibration and shock loads, enhancing the overall smoothness and reliability of the machinery.
- They reduce the risk of equipment failure due to misalignment-induced stresses, improving the system’s operational life.
- They allow for easier installation and alignment adjustments, saving time and effort during setup and maintenance.
Overall, flexible couplings play a crucial role in handling misalignment and ensuring efficient power transmission in various industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-12-13